View Single Post
Old November 1st, 2020, 05:49 PM   #225
Ducati999
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ant

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 999 2012 Ninja 250r Ducati748 Yellow finally running 2003 SV650 S (SOLD)

Finally,
Back at my favorite track but running backwards a direction I have only ridden 1 before. During my NYST trip 2 weeks prior, as I got more and more confident in the feedback/feeling from the tires, I was bragging how the bike was so stable, I could wait to brake from the front strait until I began to take turn #1! Exageration for sure but that is how amazing the bike felt to me. Not only could I turn the bike like I wanted but the extra feel from the tires allowed me to trail brake longer and harder than I had ever dared before. I still had not come to full grips with this new setup. I dont know if the ergonomic changes or the bike geometry made the biggest difference but combined they made riding the bike sooooooo much easier and an easy to ride bike is a fast bike. Since I have only ever ridden Palmer backwards one time in the past, I had no lap times to compare but the tires and other riders said I was improving. I am running in yellow group (second slowest just above red which is the slowest group) and found that I was always catching the riders in front of me. Even when I was first out on track, I would catch other riders and lap some. Not a good indicator of speed but it shows I was not the slowest in the group.
Ducati999 is offline   Reply With Quote