View Single Post
Old February 3rd, 2023, 10:52 AM   #5
InvisiBill
EX500 full of EX250 parts

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): '18 Ninja 400 • '09 Ninja 500R (selling) • '98 VFR800 (project) • '85 Vulcan VN700 (sold)

MOTM - Aug '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
It remains to be seen if it can be sold for ~ $10K US, but it certainly seems to have most of the specs that people had on their wishlist.
This has always been my biggest concern. I would love to have a Ninjette with all the high-end stuff from the bigger bikes (as I bet just about everyone here would). However, it costs $4400 more than the EX400 (which is only $5300). It's $1,000 less than a ZX-6R. I think it's a pretty niche market that is willing to pay $10k for the ZX-4RR and not just spend another $1k to go up to the ZX-6R with about 70% more horsepower.

If it was right in the middle of the two at $8,000 I think it would be easier to justify (one step up from the EX400 into the racebike category, and another step up to the bigger racebike). As is, you're basically buying a ZX-6R, and saving a little cash by getting slightly lower displacement (and possibly some suspension compromises).

Based on https://www.visordown.com/news/new-b...mn-2023-launch, it looks like the 4R SE loses the fancy rear shock, and the base 4R also loses the preload adjustment on the fork. It doesn't seem to me like those changes would drastically reduce the price.

It sounds like the best Ninjette yet. I'm just not sure it's a good enough value for many people to actually buy it.

*** Unregistered, I'm not your mom and I'm not paying for your parts, so do whatever you want with your own bike. ***
InvisiBill is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.