View Single Post
Old February 24th, 2011, 03:56 PM   #163
new_rider
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2000 Ninja 250

Since I used a pre-2008 250 and the stock headers for the 500, the lower fairing doesn't fit at all. I had been riding for a few months without it before the swap, so I just left it off. On the other guy's swap using a post '08 model, it looks like he used a spacer between the two halves to spread it around the wider 500 motor. I haven't taken the time to measure, but it looks like even with a custom header you'd be hard pressed to fit the lower fairing back in place. Personally, I prefer the look of the old ninja body without it. Had I an '08 model, I might think differently.

As for riding, it's like night and day. People who say going from the 250 to 500 or vice versa is barely noticeable have never ridden one after the other, or they are comparing them both to 1000cc supersports.

I'll get some more in depth pictures once I get some time (and batteries for my old s****** camera. There's really not much to the swap, but I really couldn't give you dimensions. It's easier to just mock the engine into place and make cardboard templates of the mounting brackets.
new_rider is offline   Reply With Quote