View Single Post
Old March 10th, 2009, 12:49 PM   #1
toku
ninjette.org member

Name: Yuri

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250

DIY - Sato Rearsets Installation

Since kkim covered clip-ons I figured a DIY for rearsets will round of the list nicely.
I'm placing this in this the tech talk just because the clip-ons are here however if this is better suited for farkles feel free to move it.

To start off you obviously need rearsets

This is almost everything that came with the set, a small tube of loctite is also thrown in.

Before we begin another picture just for fun... the bike about as naked as it gets

I began by changing the left side first, it doesn't really matter which side goes first.
Begin by removing the two screws circled in red below

The footrest will now be connected only by the shift rod, simply unscrew the rod closest to the crankcase and you'll be able to completely remove the footrest with shift rod.

Next screw in your new shift rod into the connector

Now it's time to assemble the rearset
First start off by connecting the the fin like piece to the rearset with the 2 small M6 hex bolts provided (circled in red below).

Now connect the pegs to the rearset, there are 5 positions to choose from here, I chose the middle most position. A black spacer needs to be placed on the reverse side of the rearset. The bolt should be torqued to 17 ft lb.

Now it's time to mount the rearset to the bike, 2 thick spacers need to be placed on the reverse side of the rearset and some loctite placed on the bolts.

You should now have the rearset on the bike like pictured below. Make sure when mounting the rearset that you keep the shift lever above the sidestand, once the rearset is on if the lever is below the stand you can't connect it to the shift rod. If you look in the picture below I made that mistake first time around.

Now it's time to connect the shift rod to the rearset, a special bolt with a copper spacer is provided for that. Here is how it should be connected.

And one final image of the rearset installed, all that's left now is adjusting the lever height.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf DIY - Sato Rearsets Installation - ninjette.org.pdf (4.24 MB, 143 views)