Old March 10th, 2009, 01:28 PM   #6
toku
ninjette.org member

Name: Yuri

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
Yuri!

Good write up. Was this through Dan Kyle? He was so indignant that everything was supplied with Sato rearsets... I guess he forgot about that return spring.

I take it you have not ridden it yet? ...and please tell me that's not your garage you're working in.

Alex, under "frame and suspension"? I agree the rearsets and clipons are more than cosmetic changes.
This was all through Dan Kyle, the return spring is technically optional. The rearsets work just fine without it but I think it's dumb not to include it.

No that's my kitchen, when I started this about 3 weeks ago it was way too cold to be in my garage.

As far as riding it I've only got a few test drive miles under my belt. At first it felt that the footpegs were too far back, this is in position 3 which is 30mm(or cm I don't remember) higher and 20mm further back than stock. This was after expecting my feet to be where they had been with the stock pegs. After coming to the realization that my pegs are now indeed further back and adjusting my riding position a bit they felt perfectly comfortable. I had to slide back from the tank a little bit, which dropped my knees a little and made my legs go back a bit.
Also I found that the shift lever was a bit closer to the footpeg. I didn't have to slide my foot as much to get the tip of the lever on my toes. The brake lever also feels a little shorter but the feel of it is comparable to stock.
At this point I just need to adjust the shift lever a bit as my boot was getting stuck between the peg and lever.