View Single Post
Old March 10th, 2009, 01:51 PM   #8
Gregular
Not on the rug... man

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Diablo Black Ninja 250r, 2009 Triumph Daytona 675 Special Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by toku View Post
Now connect the pegs to the rearset, there are 5 positions to choose from here, I chose the middle most position. A black spacer needs to be placed on the reverse side of the rearset. The bolt should be torqued to 17 ft lb.
Nice write up man and I'm glad I wasn't the only one to have problems with the heat shield.

Are you sure about the placement of that collar?
For me at least, the peg seems too narrow without it and if you have the collar on the peg side you can just about take the bolt in and out, which means you can adjust the rear peg position without having to remove the whole unit.

I mean, they tell ya to loctite all the bolts in place, but to change peg positions you gotta undo the same bolts. Without riding it, how you gonna know which of the 5 positions suits you best.
Doesn't make sense that you have to remove the whole unit to change peg positions again.