View Single Post
Old April 17th, 2014, 09:58 PM   #1
donny99
ninjette.org newbie

Name: bill

Motorcycle(s): kawasaki 250r

Unique problem with LED indicator/tail light

Hey everyone! New to the forum, thanks for having me.

I have just spent the last couple of days scouring the forum/google looking for a solution to this problem as well as double checking all my wiring/connections and have found nothing.

Proud owner of a 2008 Ninja 250R, I have just replaced the front indicators with LED's as well as installing an integrated LED tail light. I installed an electronic flasher (tridon 2 prong) and a no cut diode kit from customLED.

At first glance everything is functional, the indicators flash and the relay clicks just as it should except every 10 seconds or so it pauses or ticks double. Then every 30 seconds or so the indicator will just stay illuminated and the flasher will emit a beeping sound. This would be acceptable however as soon as I get the bike moving more than a few km/h it instantly does this and wont flash at all.

When I installed the integrated tail light there was only a single cable for each indicator so I just connected those to the green wire in the bike without a resistor.

Ive been scratching my head over this for hours, really hoping its something little thats easy to fix. Any possible solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for any responses!!
donny99 is offline   Reply With Quote