Old April 23rd, 2014, 06:11 PM   #14
CC Cowboy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kscreations08 View Post
Ok guys. I'm an awful person. I was so excited about being a new rider that I only paid attention to riding skills and nothing else. Well here is the skinny.

I have a trip planned for sometime next month. Headed to visit family in the southern part of the state. It'll be a 2 or 3 day stay. 200 miles down, 200 miles back, and driving all over hell and creation to see everybody. Probably looking at 550-600 miles in a weekend lol.

Skill wise, do I think I'm ready? Well, I already crashed so I got that out of the way. I've been on the street for only about 250 miles but this is important to me. I don't have a car for the trip and I want to do this. I want to.

So here is my question(s):

The bike is at 13k miles. Lets pretend for a minute that the bike has had nothing done maintenance wise. Like, pretend its never even had an oil change since it was bought new in 2009. I need a list of things to clean, check, fix, tweak, tighten, loosen, purchase, replace, and fiddle with.

This post:
https://www.ninjette.org/forums/show...86&postcount=7
Is what posed this question for me. I have no idea what my chain looks like or if its loose or dirty. So what else am I missing before the big trip, or any ride for that matter.
The bike made it to 13K. I don't think another 600 miles is going to kill it. Ride the back roads down and back. Take your time, be careful, and have the time of your life. Tell the family I said hi. I'll be in that neck of the woods this coming weekend.

Check your fluids and adjust your chain before you go. Oyea, go over each and every bolt and nut to make sure they are tight before you go. One last thing, check your tire pressures.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.