View Single Post
Old July 11th, 2014, 06:48 AM   #181
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by elguano View Post
Anyone thought about doing this engine swap on a 300?

Donor Engine & Ecu & Wiring are easely available on ebay for about 1500...

Was thinking about turbocharge the 300 but if the swap is not to bad to do, would be cheaper and less headache and probably get even more HP (or more reliable HP for sure...)

Any thoughs?
Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elguano View Post
What about the 650 FI in the 300?
why?

It seems you are simply interested in more power and not so much tuning a current engine. In that case why not just get a bike with more power? Sell the 300 while it is still worth something and get something else.

I understand modding a bike to squeeze out power and make it your own but I consider that different than engine swaps and even so anything but rare cool unique engine swaps I just don't see much of a point in that or you blew your original motor so you have something to play around with.

So PITA 650 into 300 engine swap or buy a used 600ss, not much debating for me there. You would end up with an engine in a bike that vastly out performs any other component on the 300, especially the brakes and suspension.

As far as the 500, why not just buy a used 500 for $1500 bucks and trick it out in to a sweet streetfighter or café racer and keep the 300 as is?

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote