View Single Post
Old April 24th, 2016, 04:10 AM   #3
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by g3ck0 View Post
Hi I have a 2010 and after emptying my oil and changing the oil filter, I put in about 1.7 quarts of oil into the bike but the sight glass barely shows any oil in it. I have tried the following:...
probably your issue right there. Don't worry about measuring it in, that is what the sight glass is for and putting in about 1.7 quarts is not the same as putting in exactly 1.7 quarts. That or just make sure you have your bike level and vertical

Just put oil in until you see it in the sight glass, it is that simple. Refilling oil during an oil change you put oil in until it is on the upper end of the sight glass. Run the bike for a few minutes to get the oil distributed around, then let the bike sit and cool down. after oil is cool and settled again recheck level through sight glass and add more oil as needed as the level will have dropped from the previous reading.

After that monitor your level through the sight glass, and rapid decreases in level or pools of oil on the ground tell you you have a problem.

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote