View Single Post
Old November 14th, 2021, 08:37 PM   #37
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Jim View Post
If mine could do it I surely would have had it happen by now. It's been parked in hot sun and then ridden off many dozens of times. Also I never hear any noises from it.
I rode daily and parked in the sun exclusively for over four years after buying it new and that was never enough to cause it. The engine had to be parked REALLY hot… like, ridden hard and not simply idled. The fan may blow for a bit after turning it off but much of that remaining heat will make its way up into the tank. Because it seems find for a few blocks you might not make the connection even if it happens to you. Have you ever had an unexplained stall?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shspvr View Post
It mean the spring lose it spring height so there for it isn't able to maintain enough pressure on the O-ring you can stretch the spring out just a little bit which will help maintain enough pressure to seal it
The “ring” it seals against is incomplete… C-shaped instead of ring-shaped. It is supposed to be ring-shaped. The material is white and plastic-like… not compressible like a rubber O-ring. You can seat it all the way against the remnant of that ring and fuel will still make its way out the missing part of the ring. The incomplete ring is holding it open and preventing a seal.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote