Thread: Carb woes
View Single Post
Old January 6th, 2022, 03:55 PM   #150
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

well, only you can answer that as Only you know what you've done ! BUT it sounds like your being smart and putting it back to stock and that is a very good thing, you can change it back later to all the little goodies you want to have on it AFTER you get it running perfect ! that is a real smart way to go
many times guys will change 3 or 4 things at the same time and then the bike doesn't run correctly and you'll have a heck of a time discerning what item it is that is making it not run right.... with it stock you have a base line to go from
as you know it works good from that setup.... your addition of stuff and changes can make a new base line in the future , no doubt about that... but for now, back to stock is the smartest move you could make ! if you get it working good at that point then you are golden !
I personally think putting the enricher back on is a very smart move sense that is a component that effects the low speed area that you are having trouble with
... once the low speed problem is sorted ( and don't be terriably heart broken if it still doesn't run right) then you can fine tune it with the air screws and get the idle correct.....
to Me with the Ninja, the Idle has been the most sketchy part in all of it's running but it is probably the most important ! it shows you where your at in tuning. I am a big believer in plug color checking ! especially on air cooled bikes !
if you do a plug color check after it idles for a few minutes that can tell you what is happening in the cylinder as it is idling....
if it's lean you may well have trouble increasing the throttle there may well be a sogg or delay in reving up... if it's too rich tat idle i t will smoke a little and run fat.... bubbery soto speak
...... but your plug color will tell you that ! ( use new plugs for an idle plug color check )b
other wise it will beddifficult to tell the color at idle
.Bob....