View Single Post
Old January 12th, 2022, 12:07 PM   #98
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
That's what they said about gasoline engines too when they 1st came out. Not as plentiful as hay/water for horses or wood/coal for steam engines.

Major break-through will be when Japanese bike-manufacturers develop standardised interchangeable battery-packs. They're working on that right now! Then you can just pull into service-station and swap packs and off you go.

Currently, EV in U.S. is pain-in-ass because of charging and NIH-syndrome. Can't even standardise on charging connector because everyone wants their system to be standard. In Europe & China, you can pull up to parking-metre at kerb and hook up to standardised charger (and pay for it same as parking).

Range is PIA as well. Tesla's spent all this time, energy and money on making their already-fast cars even faster! Who cares? Gimme double range for it to be more attractive. On way back from Prescott for Thanksgiving, we had to sit for 45-minutes while damn thing charged! Doubled time required for trip, next time I'm riding my bicycle!!!

Short range is actually attraction for me... sort of... I'm seriously thinking of building EV-track bike... target 250-lbs with 40-mile range. Using tiny, minimal battery-pack will let me get weight down. And making it swappable will let me have 2-3 extra packs in pits charging while I'm out on track. Then come in after each session and just swap packs and I'm ready to go!

EV is going to be savior of my favourite track, Laguna Seca! Damn all those yuppies and their McMansions next to track. I'm gonna organise Harley/cruiser group-ride through their neighborhoods next time I'm out there!!!

Last futzed with by DannoXYZ; January 12th, 2022 at 03:24 PM.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote