Thread: Carb woes
View Single Post
Old January 12th, 2022, 08:05 PM   #206
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

I wouldn't feel good about going to a HD dealer to get parts for my bike at all...
for things like the emulsifier tube in a carb I would go to Kawasaki and only Kawasaki.... if you get an after market cheepo part that doesn't work like the original you'll have problems of all kinds !
besides.. HD is the highest priced place anywhere ! at least they are around here..... buy it online from Kawasaki or a reputable bike shop
some things you can cut corners on, the carbs are not one of those things....
gaskets are.... you can make your own out of a cereal box and have no problems.... or have to re make them again depending how well you did cutting them out LOL..... ( been there done that !)
....yah I think something is amiss somewhere... it was taking throttle and now it's not that denotes a too lean mixture you got a major air leak somewhere !
.... and your emulsifier tube is probably fine scratches hurt nothing
a big dent in it would matter or a chunk out of it, but unless the flow of gas and air mix going out of it...is restricted, or the jet needle gets stuck in it..... those scratches ain't hurting a thing ! so it is probably fine to leave in there.
besides you said it was reving up fine before.... no need to replace it if it was working !....

Bob.....