View Single Post
Old January 20th, 2022, 05:16 PM   #34
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Yah like the Honda CRV out there gets an engine light warning going....
and I plug in the Dongle to check and see what the trouble is....
it says its a low voltage sensor in the brake system but nothing more than that
.... so I check the power brakes fluid and discover the reservoir is low and fill it up. and use the dongle and phone to clear the fault....
... I did that once without the dongle and phone and it didn't clear the fault
I had to insert the key into the dash slot to clear the fault ...but the idea is the same.... ( i keep a closer eye on the fluids up there now!)
I like the idea of setting in the warm house and hopping up the bike alot more than out there tinkering on it in the cold that is for sure....LOL
i mean heck why not !!!!
but I've not seen any area where I might be able to change the idle mixture
from it's existing setting of say 52 to say 58 yet.... there must be a program that does that.... do they run on PC's ( lap tops) or Phones ? or does it take a dedicated unit that costs thousands of dollars ?
.... I am not opposed to getting a Laptop just for the Shop ! but modernizing this old man will be a steep learning curve ! LOL running the program is usually the hardest part of something like this, getting to know the intricacies of what you can change and how much is the hard part....
..... but then that brings us to the problem I had with my toyota truck....
I had a toyota pickup truck 2wd R22 F.I. motor that no matter what I did kept reverting back to the original setting..... it was helping me !
i didn't want that help but it did it anyway.... I needed a way to change the ECU's parameters so it would Not automatically change the settings back to the stock setting....which it did very efficiently no matter what I did to the components.... it was frustrating to say the least but I finally wound up fooling the ECU mechanically.... and that solved the problem
..... that is what I am trying to get to.... perhaps that explains it better.
How do I do that ?
Bob.......