View Single Post
Old January 30th, 2022, 11:36 AM   #16
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by spotmaxdog View Post
Translated.. “i broke the **** out of the carbs, went to autozone and got a random $3 spark plug that fit in the hole because all spark plugs are the same, got a $30 battery from Walmart that doesn’t even fit in the battery box, and overfilled the oil with about 1 gallon of gasoline because my eBay tank petcock leaked gas from the vacuum diaphragm directly into the cylinders.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob KellyIII View Post
Ahh yes I know that story real well... a little knowledge is a dangerous thing !
it is surprising how bad a back yard mechanic can screw something up in the attempts to "Fix it"....
.... on one of my Honda 90cc bikes I got in a basket the guy lengthened out the slots in the points plate so he could turn the points plate and change the timing.... why he thought that was necessary I have no idea !?!?!?!
....I timed the engine and cleaned the carb and got it running great ...he also set the valve tappets to about 1/8" and I have no idea why !
hard to figure the reasoning of some people !
Bob...
I have saying for this....

"statistically, 1/2 of all people are below average!!!"

... makes it easier to just smh and go on with life when I encountre these situation...
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote