View Single Post
Old July 11th, 2020, 05:32 PM   #1
Gearbox Paul
ninjette.org member

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R, 2007 CBR 125R (sold)

What is to look for in a used Ninja 250R

First post on this forum so please bear with me if this has been answered already. I am in the market for a used Ninja 250, ideally a 2008+. I've been doing some research on these bikes and I think they will work for what I am looking for. My question is the following: When looking at used Ninja 250's, is there something specific to the bike that I should be looking for or asking for ? For example, are there any known bike defects or weak points that I should know about or check for? Any specific maintenance related questions I should be asking? Any specific telltales on the bike that would indicate a problem or concern?

I'm an experienced (30+ year) rider so I'm not new to motorcycles. So i'm not looking for generalities in what to look for in used motorcycles. But I am new to this specific bike, so if there are any quirks or issues with the this specific bike, it would be good to know ahead of time.

As an introduction, I presently own a 2007 CBR 125R which I'm happy with. I normally only ride in the city but I would like to have a little more power to occasionally go on the freeway. I am hoping the Ninja 250R will provide that.

Thanks in advance for your replies. Hoping to join the Ninja 250 family soon.
Gearbox Paul is offline   Reply With Quote