View Single Post
Old July 25th, 2020, 02:10 PM   #9
Gearbox Paul
ninjette.org member

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R, 2007 CBR 125R (sold)

I've now joined the Ninja community. Just purchased a 2010 Ninja 250R. It has a Yoshimura TRC slip on exhaust, frame sliders, some after market flush mount front turn signals and rest is all stock as far as I can tell. It runs beautifully so hopefully it is mechanically sound. Having said that, the bike looks like it needs some TLC so I'm not confident that the maintenance schedule was religiously followed.

Evidently the bike has been dropped multiple times by previous owners on both sides and the fairings have many scuffs and one has a few cracks. I'm confident I can repair the fairing cracks and scuffs. Not perfectly, but better than it is now.

But my first priority is to purchase on insert kit for that slip on exhaust. It sounds great but is way too loud (my neighbors will hate me, and I'm quite sure that it's illegal in my part of the world). The flush mount signals are also illegal here so those will have to go as well. Then I'll tackle the fairing repairs.

I got the bike for cheap (I think) and I'm pleased with it so far. Hopefully I don't find too many surprises when I remove all the fairings and thoroughly inspect the bike.

So I'm glad to have joined your community and I'll surely reach out for help going forward.
Gearbox Paul is offline   Reply With Quote