View Single Post
Old August 3rd, 2021, 08:58 PM   #10
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatiman View Post
"too hard to turn with the finger tips"

huh? shouldn't be
Believe me, I KNOW but I put it in and took it out several times and it's a very hard turn on the right carb.... I have no idea why
it's like it's cross threadded in there which is super bad !
I saw no screwups in the hole even with a magnifing glass... but it was hard to get out and hard to put back in....
it may well be one of those after market air screws !!!! which I suspect !
but after threading it in and out several times it got easier but it is still hard to turn
it SHOULD only have the spring tension in there holding it in
but that one is definitely much harder to turn.... the tip of it does not have the
1/2mm of tiny longer tip to it that can stick up through the inside of the carburetor either when it's all the way in nothing protrudes into the bore of the carb....
which makes me think it is an after market screw....
.... it works..., now... but is kind'a hard to turn.
when cleaning the carbs I had to drill out both caps which SHOULD mean
it's the OEM screw but putting it alongside the other one and you can see the tip difference everything else is identical that I can see with the eye...
(the main jet on this carburetor was completely plugged with rust from the tank...)
.... it runs great except when it's cold, the right side needs a bit more airscrew turned out is all but I dread having to take the fairings off just to do that ! but without that it wants to run on 1 cylinder till it's warmed up.
( not good)
.....so I don't let it idle because it will drop to 1 cylinder so I keep the RPM's up till it's warm.....it picks up the other cylinder at about 2000 RPM and above...usually 2000~2500 in there. denoting the air screw is too lean.
so I went out there with my fancy screwdriver Nut tool and couldn't even fit my hand in the cracks to get under the carbs !!!....
Jim's idea of what to do with the fairings is a good one !!!!!!

Bob......