adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirref View Post
Then there is that glorious feeling of having a bike cranked over with the throttle wide open and the exhaust screaming while you pick the bike up and switch knee to knee so you can flick the bike back to the other side. The feeling when the front slips just a bit during the transition but the rubber holds. Followed by the feeling of the bike pushing you forward through the corner exactly where you told it to go while you're already preparing for the upcoming braking zone. It's nothing short of sublime when you hit everything right. The sport has its downsides, potential for injury and death being the primary ones, but there is also nothing else in the world like it when everything clicks and flows together.
From the original post.....

Quote:
Those who love the elegant art and science of riding... the blissful feeling of a corner taken perfectly, of braking just right, nailing the apex and driving out.
I think you see where I'm coming from, vs. the "bro" we've all seen F***IN' SENDING IT.

Ben, some years back when I first encountered you here (but had not yet met you) you were talking about riding on rural Maryland 2-lane roads at 100+ mph. My feeling then was "not a guy I'd want to ride with" because I got the impression of an adrenaline-seeking, speed-obsessed young man: classic squid.

Then you hit the track and became one of the most serious, committed racers I know. Your post above tells me that it's the feeling of skill and precision that, deep down, is what truly gets you motivated.

Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
Heri historia. Cras mysterium. Hodie donum est. Carpe diem.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote