View Single Post
Old April 5th, 2017, 06:20 PM   #4
Mohawk
ninjette.org guru

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): ZZR250, VFR800

It's a perfect soft-roader, but having ridden a DRZ400 for a while a few years back I guess you will find the following issues. It will be slower on the road than Ninjette, it will be more uncomfortable due to the narrow off road seat, it will have a shorter tank range, due to the small tank, but that fits with giving your butt a rest !

If all you do are short trips with the odd off-road jaunt thrown in, it's perfect, but then the stock CRF250 would do that just as well. If they had given it a comfy seat & a bigger tank, yes it's bigger than the stock 7.8L at 10.1L but 320km (198miles) is fine if you are pottering along at minimum fuel consumption, but you won't be so having owned & run a CBF250 a road going bike with the same engine but carb fed which got 60mpg (imperial) you will be lucky to get 130-150miles out of a tank ! So it better be a short adventure or one with plenty of gas stations around ��

I can get 200 miles out of my ZZR250 at average 70-80mph on the motorway, I'd expect similar from the Versys-X 300, or just a little less, plus it would cope with dirt tracks & fire breaks rather than proper off road stuff. It will be interesting to compare them, but the 300 is not available in the U.K. yet.

The CRF gets my vote in the looks department though, it would be better if they put. The 300 engine in it, maybe next year !

Have fun with the new toy & let us know your comparison for the on road part at least.
Mohawk is offline   Reply With Quote