View Single Post
Old March 14th, 2009, 11:08 AM   #24
kkim

Wayne,

If I remember correctly, it's about the same as a set of any of the other rearsets that are on the market. I would recommend to find someone who has rearsets on the their bikes to answer your questions as everyone will differ. It does feel roomier for me, but that might be only in my case.

It moves the pegs 2 1/2" rearward. Other than that, I can't say what that would mean for you. It does increase ground clearance, though, not reduce it.

When you jump on the bike, you notice the difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith View Post
Nice DIY Kelly. When you say it "feels roomier for your legs" do you mean you are actually getting more leg extension than the stock position, or that it just "feels" roomier? I'd really like to get more leg extension since my legs can cramp up on long rides, but I don't want it to affect cornering clearance or make me have to lay down on the tank because my legs are too far behind the seat. How much of an improvement would this be for us guys with long legs? Is the 2.5" shift in position of the pegs really noticeable the first time you get on the bike after installing them? Or does it just feel slightly different?
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote