View Single Post
Old April 9th, 2013, 07:30 PM   #35
WesleySnipes
ninjette.org member

Name: Wesley

Motorcycle(s): 1999 Ninja 250ex 1989 Ninja 250ex 2005 Ninja 250ex 2007 Ninja 250ex 2011 Ninja 250r 1993 CBR600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_Stevo View Post
I'm still scared. Last season was my first ever on a street bike, I didn't get out too much. I did a few group rides with some people I met through a local forum up here, I was always in the back. By late in the season, I was fine keeping up to them in the short twisty stuff, but I was lacking confidence going fast in the long wide sweepers, the bike would feel squirmy and it felt like i was losing handling , especially on windy days.

So fast forward after a long winter, I had put on new tires andclip ons. Out I go for a good ride last friday by myself, for a good 7 hrs, it felt like a new bike. I was rolling on the throttle and keeping it rolled on through the wide sweepers. It was awesome, I felt like I had made some major improvements. Gripping with my knees, countersteering, doing all the stuff I had read about over the winter.

Saturday comes and the first group ride of the season, its supposed to be easy paced, I was psyched, there is only one other 250, a guy with a hyosung, never met him before but heard is is a pretty good rider, the rest were liter bikes and a couple zx6's.

We start off, I'm feeling pretty good I was keeping pace fairly well but still at the back. We go for about 2 hrs, awesome no problems, curvy roads averaging about 15 -20 mph over the speed limit (50mph). After lunch we get on a long straight stretch with a few big wide sweepers......I'm done, I can see them in the distance getting further and further away, wind is blowing like crazy off the farmer's fields. I'm not feeling too comfortable (doing about 80) and I'm a distant memory to them.

I think I'm gonna lay off the group rides for a while.
I guess some people are just different I love the feeling of the whole bike leaned over while going in a straight line at 80mph+(Due to wind). Get some Pirelli Sport Demons those things are awesome. Made the bike feel way better in and out of corners. (I used to run that GT501 I believe and the rear felt like butter slidin all over the place.