View Single Post
Old April 22nd, 2013, 05:31 PM   #23
tnr4
ninjette.org sage

Name: Travis

Motorcycle(s): Suzuki GSX650F! Past: Kawasaki Ninja 300 (Sold); Triumph Street Triple (Sold); Kawasaki Ninja 250 (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00NissanNinja View Post
Thanks man. You were on triumph675 for a time right? The R was only 600 more than the standard and I definitely wanted an adjustable suspension so I had to go with it. The brakes are worth the extra too. I put 70 miles after buying it so I'm definitely enjoying it
You got it. Same username. I like those guys a lot. I've got some good riding buddies on 675s. I'm excited for the nicer weather to get out and see if I can keep up with 'em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00NissanNinja View Post
But back to the Stiple haha. The Striple has a rather smooth power band and builds power pretty linearly. I'm still breaking it in though and keeping the revs under 6.5k. Still has enough pull down low to make you hold on for dear life. The clutch is a lot heavier than the 250 so I'm conditioning my hand to the heavy pull. This year's striple has a longer first gear too which makes it harder to wheelie it, which is fine with me since I don't want to do wheelies. The longer first also makes it a little harder to get launches from a stop just right. Its not too much heavier than the 250 either and feels great taking corners at a fast pace. Very flick-able and easy to ride like the 250. The handling reminds me of the zx6r.
Yeah, that clutch was one of the first things I DIDN'T miss when I sold mine for the 300, haha. But you definitely get used to it; it's just a pain in stop-n-go.

That's interesting about them making it harder to wheelie; I'd be surprised if it's all that hard. They just loaded so much torque down low on a bike where you're sitting so upright. That front wheel wanted to lift all the damn time!

That triple mill really is an amazing thing. I'll have another one -- whether 675 or 1050 or whatever -- some day. But the sound, the torque spread, the character: it's a beautiful machine. Have fun, my friend!
tnr4 is offline   Reply With Quote