View Single Post
Old November 19th, 2017, 02:48 AM   #9
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Hi and welcome.

The bike really is really fun as it is. I suggest you look really closely at WHY you want to upgrade. Is it to make bike do something it CANNOT do right now?

I have two 2008 Ninja 250Rs, one race-bike and other street bike. The race-bike has practically every single upgrade on market and pretty much only stock part is frame, engine, wheels and gas tank. This bike IS faster than my street bike on racetrack. That is what the upgrades are for, to make it go 2:10 at Thunderhill; something my street bike CANNOT do.

However, my street bike is 100% stock, down to its 2007 tyres. I haven't done any upgrades to it because none of my race-bike upgrades makes sense on the street:

- I don't don't need higher top-speed of 104 vs. 96 mph
- I don't need more ground clearance because I'm not grinding off foot-pegs and exhaust
- I don't need lower clip-on bars to hide behind windscreen easier
- etc.

Maybe the first upgrade I may do is tyres, but maybe to harder more durable touring tyres. I'm not sliding the factory tyres around onramp cloverleaf @ 60mph, so I don't need tyres that'll improve that limit to 61-62mph. I might do upgrade to 15-16t front sprocket and double-bubble or Corsa windscreen for quieter riding.

So I ask you, what measurable result do you want to achieve with upgrades? As others mentioned, after you stack on certain amount of upgrades, it would've been cheaper to buy a different bike with those capabilities from factory.

BTW - "more responsive" and "more stable" around corners is contradictory. They are opposite changes from factory behavior.

Last futzed with by DannoXYZ; November 19th, 2017 at 10:10 AM.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote