View Single Post
Old November 19th, 2017, 05:47 PM   #27
jp8484
ninjette.org member

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
Ah.... we ALL spend some dollars because of "what we want vs what we need." No harm, no foul. It is... what it is and brings a smile to our faces.

As far as your direct question on blipping. Your answer can be found at the very end of the "Twist of the Wrist" movie, there is also a section about blipping during the "11 things" that must be accomplished during corner entry (breaking and downshifting). Modern tech on expensive bikes has already removed the need to blip, but as the video says... " too bad, it's kinda fun when you get it right", old school.... ikr!!!! On a carbed bike like a 250, the throttle blip takes a bit more time and takes a bit larger throw vs a fuel injected bike. There is no magic here, it just takes time and practice to get the timing down. In the end, you will be rolling the throttle up as you do "clutch in and out" and roll out of the throttle. It all happens in about 1 second, and you don't pull the clutch all the way in, only just past the friction zone. Trying to blip on a bike will modern and full electronics enabled, will have you at the end of your ride going WTF!!!! The bike just reved up on its own?!?!?!??!

As a coach who has prepped for years, tried out, been through some of the processes as a coach for CSS, you can't go wrong with watching that movie at least 10 times. You will learn something you missed each time you rewatch it. I have watched it 100+ times, and still, learn.

You sound like me when I got my first sportbike, hungry and eager. With good focus and direction, it can lead you to a very fun, fulfilling and safe riding career and that is all I wish for anyone.

Enjoy modding your bike, just make sure you know why you are modding it and plan a rider development path that will let you utilize your hard earned money spent.

I like your style sir, keep asking questions. And don't let other riders fool you, even coaches ask each other questions from time to time. There is always something to learn.
thank YOU for your kind input sir!
I came across twist of the wrist video on Youtube and did watch it couple times. Alot of things I need to learn.. and made me want to take CSS course one day. Some of the things I learned from watching that video, I did take note to apply it while riding, target fixation being something that stood out for me at the time. If you guys have scholarship program or squid prevention outreach program, do let me know!

Really appreciate the help with blipping.. so I'm not going crazy when I'm thinking I need to pull the throttle bit longer to match rev properly. Guys on youtube with bigger bikes seem to do it alot quicker than I can. Perhaps it can also be done on ninja 250.. just gotta find the sweet spot I guess. I'm really appreciating that fact that I'm learning how to ride on carbed bike with no modern electronic assists.. really feels like it's a good opportunity to learn proper foundation to build on.

I'm all the way up in Canada but hopefully one day I can make it out to CSS course!

Thanks again!
jp8484 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.