View Single Post
Old February 7th, 2020, 04:02 AM   #18
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
BTW - are these carbs the ones that had extra holes drilled in slides? Didn't I send you my carbs to test and still same symptoms?

Reviewing symptoms we know about...
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick9611 View Post
  • no on reaching higher rpm. maybe 6 at best.
  • 3 hours into the ride it started acting like i had no idle. mid/top end fine.
  • only issue was idle control. i turned up idle and finished the whip
  • bike started to die on interstate, total loss of power(seize)
  • got me some sea foam. i put some in fuel line and tank. test road it and it worked fine(including idle)
  • 1.5 hours later near columbia i had to slow down due to traffic and bike went into same no power hestitation issue,
  • sometimes wide open throttle would clean it up
  • sent carbs to you [ducatiman]. you found some minor issues(float level)? but nothing major. reinstalled carbs, no change.
  • swap plugs to stock. noticed#1 cylinder was rich with fuel on it. #2 normal.
I think we can rule out mechanical issue (cam-timing, valve-lift, CCT, etc.) due to quick onset and quick resolution using sea-foam. Along with quick reappearance of same symptoms hours later. Parts do not wear out and restore to good-condition and wear out again that fast. Wouldn't hurt to measure cam-lobes just to rule them out.

All these symptoms appear to point towards some sort of fuel-flow issue: tank, petcock, vacuum hoses, etc. Need to test and measure to gather actual data (numbers) to determine if these parts are bad.

Measure actual vacuum going to petcock. A lot of times, people apply artificial vacuum levels with sucking/pumps/syringes and petcock works fine. However, in field use, actual vacuum level arriving at petcock from carbs may be well below what's needed to keep sufficient fuel flowing. Measuring actual vacuum in vacuum lines under actual operating conditions may reveal some clues.

Then correlate that vacuum-level with actual fuel-flow volume through petcock may reveal even more data that's helpful.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote