View Single Post
Old February 5th, 2022, 09:35 PM   #8452
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

I fired up the Ninja today and got it out of the shed and back into the shop
( she likes it there !) I have a cover now for the Triumph and for the New RX4 and for the TT250 so they are sitting in the back yard ready for rain...
but I thought I might pull the carbs off the ninja and start doing that some time soon.... before the good weather hits....
...strangely enough the Ninja started fairly easy after setting a very long time
like 2 months now without being started... but it ran on both cylinders to my surprise.... it did take a long time to warm up and I had to set up the idle and then later lower the idle (lol) but it was giving me a bit of a sogg upon opening the throttle when it finally got warm enough to take off the choke...
she was dirty and dusty and needed a good wipe down so I cleaned her up a bit.
every time I get on that bike I am impressed ... she is a good solid strong motorcycle even though she can only boast 250cc !
i rode it into the shop and parked it. and tomorrow I will probably start the stripping down process so I can get down to the carbs ....
.... it was warmer today then the last time I tried to run it.... this bike does not like cold weather at all !
.... but it actually ran on both cylinders which was a good thing to see....
perhaps that carb cleaner finally has had some effect eh ? LOL ( dream on Bob....)....it was a bit Light at idle on one cylinder...i.e. missing every once in a while, but it has always done that sense I got it... but I know that's not right !
it was good to feel the bike running again after such a long time ....
I fired up the Triumph and got it into the back yard and got it covered with it's new cover and it ran great ! she was ready to go ! it wasn't all that easy to start though but I finally got it.... i needed to prime the carbs 2 times and then she lit up easy ! ( and yes I used the choke!) and it took about 2 minutes of running before she would run without the choke on....
once you get all that metal cold it takes a while to warm it up again ! HA !
it's been in the teens here at night... so down right Chilly but the high today was almost 58deg. it got much warmer today than it has been !
still too cold to ride for this old fart though ! LOL
Bob.......