Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreisig1 View Post
Well the new oil in the bike hasn't been run that long and the new oil shouldn't be gas contaminated so soon should it?

It's the old oil that I changed out that was run in the bike for god knows how long. Bike started up fine with new oil, but two days later now it won't. So you think the old oil damaged the engine? But why not work now just two days after adding new oil. It was working with the old gasoline smelling oil, I wouldn't have even known unless I did the oil change to find it. Probably was just an issue waiting to happen I guess?
Only you can determine what is going on regarding contamination of the old and new oil charges.
Again, it is never good to have fuel mixed with the oil that lubricates both your engine and your transmission, because oil dissolves in gasoline and gasoline is not a lubricant.

The old oil could have been good for long time and contamination could have started just recently before the oil change, who knows.
Now that you have mentioned engine noise, you need to determine what is the source, which could be a bigger problem than the presumable fuel leak into the oil.

Hopefully it is nothing major, in which case, your next step would be testing the petcock and the float valves in order to verify if fuel has actually been leaking down.
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote