View Single Post
Old June 7th, 2020, 02:18 AM   #19
vour
ninjette.org member

Name: Vour

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
Filter by itself? not likely. I dyno-tested K&N's version of similar filter and got nothing over factory filter and airbox. Even dyno-test with no filter at all and nothing gained. Aside from tiny snorkel inlet to airbox, there's nothing to be gained with intake-mods.

Yes EFI version can get more (+9hp), but you must have ALL mods done at once and do dyno-tuning to adjust fuel & ignition-maps optimally (or dyno-tune after each mod). For example, bone-stock Ninja 300 can get +4hp just by re-mapping factory ECU and no hardware upgrades (factory mapping way too rich). Area-P has gotten 250FI to ~39-40bhp with all mods: full-exhaust, pod-intakes, minor head port & polish, and cams along with dyno-tuning to tie it all together.

Dyno-tuning is most important part of upgrades. Every bike is different with production-variations and different levels of wear & tear. Optimum fuel & ignition-maps will be different with exact same mods. Some bikes with just perfect set of tolerances will end up with more power for same mods as others with different tolerances and wear. Only dyno-tuning will bring each one to its max potential.
The company is greek so I am going to ask them when I buy the bike(although I think they have said that in an interview that just with the air filter you get horspower) cause I was thinking to combine that boxing air filter with full exhaust .

All these horsepower increase I am curious will it also affect the fuel consumption?
vour is offline   Reply With Quote