View Single Post
Old August 2nd, 2020, 03:06 PM   #4
Kawinoob217
ninjette.org member

Name: Ethan

Motorcycle(s): 1998 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Thanks for the DannoXYZ for the suggestions, however I'm not inclined to believe this to be true. A couple of points to make about the bike that I failed to mention in the first post.
  1. I did end up replacing the fuel petcock for a new one after about 6 months of having the bike. I doubt It's gone bad after just a year or two. I pulled the oil out of the bike today in preparation to take the engine out, and it was definitely not as viscous as it should have been (also reeked of gas).
  2. The carb is a newly refurbished one that I went through myself with a fine tooth comb, including setting the float levels.
  3. I'm not sure if I mentioned it or not in my first post, but I took the bike for a ride before doing the compression test yesterday. Those results are after about a 30 minute ride, and then letting the bike sit for maybe 10 minutes (just enough time to drain carb bowls, remove gas tank, etc.)

On a side note, can someone tell me how to add pictures in line with the text? I tried using the insert image button with links to some pics that I have in google drive and that didn't seem to work. Again, thank you DannoXYZ for the suggestions! Any help with this project is really appreciated.
Kawinoob217 is offline   Reply With Quote