View Single Post
Old April 30th, 2019, 08:34 AM   #11
A.J.
ninjette.org guru

Name: AJ

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Kawasaki Ninja 250r(SOLD) 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 250r full Muzzy(my pride and joy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gantt View Post
I have three bikes, a 2012 ninja 650, 2007 suzuki drz400s, and a 2009 ninja 250. i used to ride a lot, all the time. i guess i am feeling my mortality as i age, not to mention three people have been killed just in this one county in four weeks on motorcycles, all due to driver error.
a close friend was just killed on his lunch break two days ago by a left turning cager, and a guy i work with was hit by another left turning idiot and broke his arm, leg, wrist and two fingers.
so i have decided to not ride to work anymore, and to ride much less in general. i have never been in love with the 650, and although i love the drz and 250, i decided to sell all three, and buy a new 400 to replace them. i dont need three bikes if i am not riding much, and selling all three will allow me to almost buy a new bike with cash in hand.
i am working the dealers now in a tri state area, making a short list of those that are serious about working a great deal, I will be buying a 2019 red/grey abs model. figured it i buy a new bike, i might as well go with the most current model, the yamaha looks just dont do it for me, the honda single thumper aint going to cut the mustard. and although i prefer the looks of the 300 vs 400, the added power just makes since. i have loved this 250 more than any other bike i have owned, but a little more power, with about the same size and weight would be ideal.
i will keep you folks posted as i sell my three steads, and will show off the new pics of the 400 when i buy it. should be in 3 months or less, not in a hurry, but this is also the time of year to be selling bikes.
So sorry to hear about your friends man. I often wonder if it’s just me that’s been noticing an influx of bad driving by cagers. I live in Illinois not too far from Chicago and it’s bad in the town of 35k I live in. These people either don’t see you or they see you and just don’t give a ****. Every time I’m out something happens. It’s to the point where sometimes I have to pull over and collect myself because I’m either pissed off, crapped my pants, or both. If a driver F’s up I let them know about it. They need to know. If I can see and look for motorcycles than so can they! I think it’s honestly due to the invention of the cell phone. It’s distracted driving. Sure some is just ass hole driving.

Anyway, I’m sorry you feel you need to ride less because of the incidents with your friends. I sure hope that never happens to me. I wake up to ride, absolutely live to ride. If it’s not raining I’m on my bike, even if it’s just to run somewhere real quick.

I do like your choice in the 400 though. As we get older it’s not about how fast but about just riding. I am ready to upgrade myself to around 600cc’s but I will be keeping my 250. I really want an R6 or FZ6r. I love what Yamaha brings to the table. However I won’t be buying anything until I try out a 400 as well. I love the size and weight of the 250 so much that it definitely makes sense to buy a 400. Can’t wait to see where your journey takes you! Good luck and RIP to your friends and all of our fallen friends who succumbed to idiot drivers.