View Single Post
Old March 10th, 2009, 11:38 PM   #12
kkim

The misconception that you can only get hurt at much higher speeds is false. The helmets all meet the same safety standards, so no matter if you buy a cheap or expensive one, they will have passed the crash testing if they have the proper stickers. (snell, dot, etc.) What you buy with higher priced helmets (most times) is a higher level of finish, greater comfort and features.

What I strongly disagree with is that because this bike can "only" go 100 mph, you don't need top notch gear. I don't know many street bikes that can go 210mph and if you do that speed on the street, you deserve to die if you crash... just please don't take any one else with you. I doubt any helmet will stand up to a 200mph impact.

That being said, you are mistaken to think that just because this is a 250 you don't need good gear. Almost everyone here will say to gear up every time you ride and to use the very best gear you can afford, from head to toe. Minimize your chances of injury by buying good gear, no matter what you ride and then wear that gear each time you ride.
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote