View Single Post
Old March 6th, 2014, 09:32 PM   #15
Kscreations08
Fresh Deli Meat

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2009 250R Ninja -Neener-

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaWolf View Post
"You saw them." Ah, for me this might be it. It is more than just being friendly to another motorcyclist who is out there enjoying the day on the open road while still being at a greater risk than most. It is more than just an automatic motion that happens without thought or awareness. It is me actively and with mindfulness acknowledging seeing another rider on the road. Training my mind to recognize another rider when my eye sees them and forcing an action to cement that recognition into part of the awareness of the environment I am riding in. I see you, I see you now and I will see you later, regardless if I am on a bike, in a car, or as a pedestrian. I *see* you.

Don't just see; observe.

-Namaste

^^^^^^^ This right here. Philosophically, humans are pack animals. We find security and comfort in numbers. A rider in a world of cagers feels alone. We know that we are invisible. To see another gazelle sneak through this land of lions gives you a feeling of comraderie. And to know that someone does see you, does know your there, won't turn in front of you, and understands your contant struggle in this world provides a kind of comfort you don't find on those roads anywhere else.