View Single Post
Old April 16th, 2019, 08:20 AM   #11
Ram Jet
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja, 1982 Honda Ascot FT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cafe Racer View Post
My next door neighbor has 6 or 7 Ducati’s in his garage. I am in the final stages of lifting my house. The lift gave me a 1600 square foot shop. He will be moving the Ducati’s, one of those 47 Ronin bikes, and a bunch of Italian motor scooters.

He is just starting the 2 year process of elevation. Why 2 years? Remember we live in New Jersey where every form of government has its hand out. What they can’t outright steal, they hang you up with all kinds permits and inspections.
Then they fine you for things like messy building site, or weeds or some other money grab BS regulation. Each infraction is $250 bucks. Remember you have to move out of your house during the rebuild. Last year fall I got a warning about living in the house before we got a final Certificate of Occupation. What was left to do? Landscaping. Winter was a month away. No landscaping with frozen ground. We went back the Florida for the winter.

My rant for the day, or maybe my first one for the day.
I'm with your brother. I spent 17 years in Flanders, N.J. The government in New Jersey are freakin' Nazis. I was scared to death of any cop there. I'm in Michigan now and am very glad. I hope to hell you don't enjoy firearms - the worst place to be in the world except perhaps New Zealand.

Bill

Last futzed with by Ram Jet; April 16th, 2019 at 08:21 AM. Reason: spelling
Ram Jet is offline   Reply With Quote