Old May 19th, 2016, 03:36 AM   #12
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
You folks are pretty harsh.

Hard to tell for sure, but that does look like a pro repaint done because someone thought it would look cool, not your typical post-crash rattle can job. I think this bike was meant as a showpiece, not something that gets ridden regularly.

I see no reasonable evidence of the bike having gone down or being abused. Telltale stuff like peg feelers and case covers are intact. The left peg feeler even has the rubber condom still on it. Except for typical wear on the wheels, the bike looks exceptionally clean. Actually, now that I think about it, the wheels seem out of place. Wonder if it originally had chrome wheels and they got sold separately... that'd match the show-bike aesthetic.

Based on what I see ($$$ spent on paint, in-da-hood cosmetic farkles like spike bar ends and bling turn signals), $$$ spent on exhaust... but horrible OEM tires) I'd profile the previous owner as someone who thinks of a "ride" as going to bike night. Even money it also has LEDs somewhere. Better than even money that they've upgraded to stretched and lowered R6 or GSX-R. 3:1 that the helmet has been painted to match the bike. 5:1 that the rider wears shorty gloves, ICON armor over a T-shirt but no jacket, baggy jeans and sneakers.

I'd pass but not on the premise that the bike has been abused. I'd pass because it's fugly and the owner spends money on appearance but not real maintenance.

Around there, it'd sell for about 1500, 1700 at the outside. The only Ninjettes I've ever seen for less than 1500 have real (and I mean REAL) issues.

Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
Heri historia. Cras mysterium. Hodie donum est. Carpe diem.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote