View Single Post
Old May 31st, 2015, 06:44 AM   #44
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
I finally pressed the new tapered roller bearings onto the R1 stem over the spacer i had made and lightly bolted it up to make sure all was well and it was great!

Only thing left to do on this is get the steering stop tab extended by welding on a piece of steel.

I was able to get out the busted bearing race and the other needle bearing from the swing arm with out much fuss which was a big relief. I knew the complete bearing would come out easy after i got the busted one out but the busted one i was not so sure about.

Took some pictures of the N650 wheel and the aprilia rs250 wheel i got. Surprisingly the rs250 wheel is not much if at all any narrower in the hub but the sprocket carrier is a lot narrower. I could have made the 650 wheel work, maybe even easier than the aprilia wheel but i like the aprilia wheel better and it is a very close match to the R1 front wheel i have which is important for looks.

Just need to source some rgv250 swing arm bearings or a close equivalent and some bushings and a spacer and i am good to go for putting the swing arm on. After that i can finally starting doing some measurements on lining up the chain and see how all that is going to go which will be the last difficult thing i need to do other than working out some wiring, everything else is just nuts and bolts
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2297.jpg (89.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2299.jpg (64.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2300.jpg (59.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2303.jpg (246.9 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2304.jpg (220.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2298.jpg (121.0 KB, 1 views)

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote