View Single Post
Old July 17th, 2017, 05:36 PM   #59
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
It's about time i start trying to wrap this project up, or at least get it to a ridable state.

Original plans were to hold out till i had some $$$$ to hop up the engine a bit and buy some sexy ass pipes.

Was hoping to get it done this year but got hit with some life changes so not in the cards right now. But that is fine, just gonna rebuild the engine on the cheap and focus on making it look as good as i can for now. I can always hop the engine up later

Got around to looking at the engine a little closer and found some good news. The clutch looks great, everything is in perfect condition so don't have to put any $ into it and since i am not rebuilding for more HP the stock clutch will hold just fine.

Other good news, the cylinders are in good condition, no need for a new bore, will just give them a light hone and be done with them, and they are still on the stock bore So just need to buy a top end kit, Ill buy a Vertex top end kit for around $265 and that should allow me to put the engine back together. Then i just need to buy some odds and ends to finish up the intake and small things here and there . Some trick engine bling might be on the way in the mail as well

Brushed some dust off and got to cleaning this thing up. Side note, the bottom of this engine is annoying to clean by hand
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170716_104353.jpg (99.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 20170716_151901.jpg (94.4 KB, 3 views)

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote