View Single Post
Old September 18th, 2017, 03:45 AM   #6
Linkin
Down Under

Name: Linkin

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki ZXR250C Ninja

Haven't been on here in a while. Lost my license for 6 months back in May for having too much fun and getting caught doing it. The irony is that I've had bigger more powerful bikes before the nanny state deems you worthy, yet lost my license on a bike I'm actually licensed for.

The 'prison colony' mentality is alive and well.

In any case, I got the new tyre scrubbed in before that happened.

Paid a lot of money for this plate...

Since then I stashed the bike at work and have been doing work on it during the weekends.

When syncing the carbs, I sprayed brake cleaner at the vacuum lines and boots... all stuffed...

New boots and trimmed the ends of the vac lines

Got myself some serious tools sorted for work

Signs of reg/rect problems...

New Shindengen SH847 mosfet / non-shunting reg/rec. Too bad my stator was also shorted out and is off being rewound

I have also ditched the old style coils, leads and spark plug caps for Ninja 300 coil on plug units. Still running a wasted spark setup until I figure out a programmable ignition of some sort. Long term project.

That's it for that bike... but I bought a second one!

Problems... it has an oil leak from the front sprocket. Overtightened chain I suspect. In any case it's an engine out and apart to fix it. I bought a 2nd hand spare motor and am slowly doing the required servicing on it.

Cam cover off and cams out. Bit of gouging on the cover, caused by the ****** cam chain tensioners. To be replaced with a new GPX250 unit on the way.

Clearances... way too tight... though this motor was sold to me as running by someone I know and trust, so hopefully the new shims I put in will make it run better once the motors are swapped out.

Linkin is offline   Reply With Quote