Old July 16th, 2018, 08:57 AM   #6
Bluberryrain
ninjette.org member

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkv45 View Post
Interesting sales technique there.

I'd probably at least find another sales person, or maybe another dealership.
Oh yeah, I sarcastically went "heh. Yeah." Turned around and left.

I waited another year to upgrade, and went to the ducati dealer instead who was amazing. People often judge me because I'm in my late 20s, and dress very casually everywhere i go. It's only until they see my income and credit on the finance application they take me serious. Except for Ducati. They treated me amazingly from the get go. They even stayed late after closing to let me test ride bikes!

Side Story- I went to a Yamaha/Kawasaki dealer and was looking at the bigger ninjas/zx series as well as the R6/fZ series. Salesman was following me around as I went from bike to bike sitting on them and giving my feedback to my wife. I mentioned I didn't like the ergonomics of the new r6/r1, and the dude got super offended and said "If you're not Comfortable just sitting on the thing now, you're not going to like riding get it. Maybe you should just stick to the bikes meant for boring people." I responded that maybe it would just take getting used to, as it's a bit more aggressive than the ninjette, and that when you're riding it- it may not matter as much. He responds "Well, are you going to actually buy anything or just sit on our bikes and fingerprint them up?"

...I was trying to hint to the guy that I may actually like the bike of I just rode it. Instead of offering a test ride, he hits me with that. Funny thing is, I very well may have bought the zx-6 that day. But nope he had to be a douche. Once again, I just packed up and left immediately.
Bluberryrain is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.