View Single Post
Old May 17th, 2016, 09:15 PM   #63
lizardywizard
green stig

Name: V

Motorcycle(s): '15 Ninja 300 ABS (Hurricane)

MOTM - May '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Same! She's my first bike so I don't have many points of comparison, other than the tiny 150s I rode on the MSF course and the H-D Road King I took a course on recently. But I think she's just perfect. (The Road King convinced me I'd never buy a Harley, if I wasn't convinced already. Loud and heavy as hell, and trying to keep the clutch in was like squeezing one of those hand exerciser things...)

The seat is a lot more comfortable than I'd been led to believe - I don't get sore on it at all, and I've ridden a lot of bicycles so I know "bike butt". From all I can tell she's a well-made, powerful, yet easy-going machine - I've given her some hard knocks but she's toughed them out with little hassle. For all I'd heard about how bikes can be fickle and fussy, she's a dream. Didn't even complain when I left her in the garage for two weeks at a time (sorry babe) when I was first learning to ride and struggling a lot... I always expected the battery to be run down, but she'd start up straight away, no fuss.

I love her and I'm keeping her forever. I don't need more power than she has - I mean, before riding motorcycles I drove a 2008 Hyundai Accent with 100k miles on the clock that barely makes it to 80 uphill. I'm not in it to go faster than everyone, I'm in it to see the world, to have the experience, to be free.

Besides, there's something cute about a tiny scoot!
lizardywizard is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.