View Single Post
Old September 15th, 2014, 02:15 PM   #60
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
Ok, pinging those who have responded to this list:
@iamjacob, @greenaero, @algs26, @EternalNewb, @EMSRacer07, @Kevin1956, @misfitsailor

@tfkrocks, you still out?

For anyone coming along, simply PM me for my cell number. I will have my SPOT on me, but might be a good idea to think of who you'd like us to call in case something does happen to you. (Mine is easy, I have a dog tag on with two emergency contact numbers engraved onto it.)

I like the idea of meeting in Coulterville, that way we can ride the Little Dragon in both directions together and then head off towards hwy 120 and through Yosemite. Does anyone have a different idea?

TripAdvisor is showing a little cafe in the Coulterville general store, named the Coulter Cafe. Just called them, the store and cafe open at 7:30a so sounds like a good place to gather and grab last minute snacks and drinks. Let's say kick stands up by 9:15am?

There may be others, but I am at least seeing a Shell station a few miles up Greeley Hill Rd so gas is available (wasn't trusting Google so much, but Shell themselves say they have a station there).

Weather leading up to the weekend is looking like it's going to be mid-90's and sunny.

Riding style:

I don't mind leading the group, someone just needs to volunteer for the sweep. It'd be great is the sweep has a headset to talk to me (*looks at @antiant with the fancy smancy Sena*) but not sure how far the range on my 5 is.

I hate it when group leaders ditch me, so I will set my pace to whomever is behind me. Whoever feels they are the newest/slowest, that's where I want you to be. That way the group stays together and everyone can enjoy themselves. If you want to go faster, just hang back a bit to open up the distance or chill and enjoy smelling the roses.

I tend to ride 5-10 over the limit when in rural/remote areas, the speed limit in towns or through the Park, and on the twisties a very conservative pace. Given a choice, I do not pass on a double yellow. If we end up behind grandpa in the RV, I will find a safe place to pull over, let the group gather up again and let traffic get ahead a ways before pulling back out on to the road.

As a group, how often do you want breaks? Every half hour? Every hour? Every gas stop? How many picture stops in the Park do you want? AFAIK we can't see El Cap/Half Dome/Yosemite Valley from the highway, but I could be VERY wrong on that - so bring a camera.

Lunch will be at the Whoa Nellie Deli in Lee Vining, where there is also a Mobile gas station.

Bottom line - I will adjust my ride to the group to keep everyone together and having a good time. You ride your own ride and don't worry about geting lost or left behind. It's a rather straight forward route so just have fun.

Did I miss anything?
Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote