View Single Post
Old July 5th, 2017, 02:49 AM   #6
Kiwi rider
ninjette.org member

Name: Al.

Motorcycle(s): '14 CBR300R '07 SV650 (race bike) '04 XR250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausoi View Post
Yeah but the reason they stuck with the same 250 ninja for so many years was because there was no competition. Now that that has changed I can see them making improvements to remain on top of the game. Time will tell.
Agree. The Ninja was the first 300 to come out and had no competition initially but now there is the CBR, KTM RC390 and R3 to compete against for market share.
If Kawasaki is the first to get a new generation 300 out then they could potentially reap a heap of sales. I would buy one if the specs met my expectations. I'm currently on a CBR300 but looking to upgrade. There's rumor of a new CBR for 2018 too but if Honda drags the chain then I could easily be on a Kwaka next year. I'd be wanting to see features like USD forks, aluminium swing arm, more suspension adjustment, more HP and maybe cc's even? Not so bothered about Ride By Wire or riding modes.

Hopefully we hear something between now and the motorcycle shows later in the year (Intermot, EICMA etc) where new models are often first shown.

I'll def share anything I hear!
Kiwi rider is offline   Reply With Quote