Thread: [2015] Keys?
View Single Post
Old March 30th, 2018, 08:53 AM   #3
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
I haven't had any issues with key-blanks from eBay vendors. Bought some for my 2003 that didn't come with keys. Got key-code from helmet-lock. Also available by removing ignition-lock. Be sure you get correct blank!!! Examine the photos and measurements to be sure it's the correct one. The descriptions and part# may not be correct.

Next is finding a qualified locksmith. There were many in my area and I contacted about 10 of them through Yelp. Out of those, only 2 were able to cut using key-code. The trick here is they need to have correct software that converts Kawasaki key-codes into cut-codes to input into their automated key-cutting machine. The 4-digit key-code is translated into 7-cuts on the key. Key-code itself is not how to cut key. Most locksmiths only have key-copying machines.

I got 2 master keys made for $50 using key-code only and they both worked perfectly! I then ordered 2 more blanks from eBay and took them down to Ace Hardware and got them copied from the masters for $6/ea. All four work perfectly! Put the 2 master keys and one copy into deposit-box and using 2nd copy.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote