View Single Post
Old June 16th, 2011, 09:04 PM   #25
ichibunkid.206
ninjette.org member

Name: Phil

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R

Scott hugger info

Heard back from Scott with pics and info....

I've done a bit of searching on the site here and decided to go with Scott's product over the others mainly because it appears that installation of Scott's hugger will be less troublesome, and a better fit... but this is only based on what I've read posted on the site, and until I place my order and get the part I have no firsthand knowledge.

I'm still trying to decide if I should go with the carbon fiber, or the painted gloss black

As an FYI I thought I'd post up the info I got from Scott, along with the pics he sent along....

I have 3 different huggers for the 08-? ninja 250s. It fits all of the new style ninjas after 08. My first hugger was my classic with a smooth top, then I made the new style which was similar to the front fender with ridges, and last I made a larger new style that would fit the largest tire you can fit on the bike. This hugger looks like the new style but has more attachment area for the swingarm. If you look close, you can see the differences. The pricing is as follows:

Primed (ready to paint) or unfinished carbon are $75.95

Matte black huggers are $89.95 (except for my ebay classic huggers)

Kawi color huggers are $104.95 to $129.95 depending on the color and number of base colors.

Finished Carbon fiber huggers are $159.95

Add $10 to these prices for the larger hugger

Prices do not include shipping

MORE INFO:

Scott sent me more info that I requested regarding the wider hugger in case I opted to put on a larger rear tire in the future, and his opinion on if the wider hugger would look strange mounted on 250 with stock rear tires.... Oh and BTW after looking at a few post on the site regarding larger rear tires I'm opting to keep the rear tire stock size, I think I included all of the pictures that Scott references in his reply to me.

>>>>>>>
The larger hugger is about 1/2" taller and wider than the std ones so I don't think it will look odd with the stock tire. I think the problem tires are the 140/70 and 150/70 and although the 140 will fit with the std huggers it is very tight. I am told that the 150/60 works just fine since the diameter is close to the stock tire but the width gets a little close. Anyway, I finished my large mold about 2 months ago and have sold about 8 of them. As I said before, it looks much like my other huggers but the swingarm attach area has been enlarged for better stability and I smoothed it out to improve it's looks. The swingarm attach area on the others was made to form right to the shape including the welds so it looks a little wavy. Here are a few pics of the large hugger in carbon. I can make carbon huggers is two different weaves and I think the pics show the thicker weave.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg assorted classic.jpg (65.5 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg carbon & matte black huggers1.jpg (102.9 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg ebony black new style2.jpg (65.4 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg large carbon hugger2.jpg (134.3 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg larger hugger plug.jpg (76.2 KB, 18 views)

Last futzed with by ichibunkid.206; June 17th, 2011 at 06:53 AM.
ichibunkid.206 is offline   Reply With Quote