Old July 13th, 2017, 11:01 AM   #2036
CaliGrrl
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): Ninja650

MOTM - Apr '18, Apr '17, Apr '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
I see cars rolling through reds making right hand turns ALL THE TIME. They roll through stop signs ALL THE TIME in my neighborhood. Yet a bike rolls through a stop sign, and they freak; even though I'm pretty sure they have rolled through stop signs before as well (at least to some degree). I mean a "california roll" through a stop sign is still the same as driving through it at 30mph. You still failed to stop. There is no grey area. I believe the proper stop technique for a car is stop, feel the car rock slightly, and then you have made a complete stop.
Yep. That is a legal stop and almost nobody does it unless you have to wait for a red light to change. Or a cop's watching the intersection.

Same kind of bias we apply to a lot of things- I only do this thing a little bit, and it's safe, so it's ok. But let the other guy do it and we lose our minds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonik View Post
I love riding my bike. I have a little Trek 7.5 that I use for about 20-ish mile a couple of times a week in and around the Seattle area with some nice upgrades. Mainly, I like the color -- that's why I haven't bought anything better. It's neon green/solar yellow.
Whoo! Keep pedaling!

You remind me that I need to put more miles on mine.
CaliGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote