Old July 5th, 2011, 08:56 AM   #87
forbitel
ninjette.org member

Name: telecom

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwhiteii View Post
Hi Forbitel,

I bought the kit too but I am having some problems getting it runing right so it is not drivable, it keeps shutting off when I give it gas. So I wanted to re-check some things since you got yours running. How did you hook the crank senor connector wires, yellow on the bike to orange on the kit and black with white stripe on the bike to green on the kit. That is how I wired mine according to the service manual. Is that right? I have a 2009 Ninja 250R. Matt from Ecotrons said you had a 2010 250R. I have alot done to my bike, is yours stock? I have a BRT- TIS IC, jardine SS race exhaust, original Kawa throttle bodies from europe and custom velocity stacks for the new throttle bodies. I also have a ton of custom stuff done to the appearence of the bike 13K worth. One other thing did you hook the KEYSW wire, pink on the kit, to the brown ignition wire on the bike.

Hope you can clear this up for me. If anyone else can help me too that would be helpful

Thanks,

David
David, sorry for the late response, been busy at work, I hope we can help you to get up and running. Yes, that is correct, the crank sensor is connected as you indicated, Yellow (at CDI harness) = Orange (CKP wire, Kit harness), Black/White (at CDI harness) = Green (crank sensor GND wire, Kit harness).

I initially had problem connecting the KEYSW, I first connected to the Grey wire on the CDI which gave me 12V upon Key ON, however it would not provide enough power to run the system. I decided to connect the KEYSW to the Brown/Black wire in the CDI ignition harness, this wire receives 12V when KeyON and is protected by the fuse block with the same 10A fuse dedicated already for ignition. I discovered that the KEYSW wire is not only a keyON logic sense wire but it is used a main power supply of all externals components, Oxygen sensor heater, gas pump, it is actually what provides power to the external relay, so you need to ensure that the KEYSW is a 12V wire with enough current, the 10A fused ignition Brown/Black did the trick for me.

Having the electrical diagram of the bike helps a lot, Matt (ecotrons) was really nice and gave it to me. If you don't have it Ask him for it or let me know I could send it to you.

Are you able to turn it on?
Good Luck
forbitel is offline   Reply With Quote