View Single Post
Old August 1st, 2011, 09:00 PM   #108
jonnyc
ninjette.org member

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayanlam View Post
the price i was offering was $6 a piece. yes its double the shop price, but its such a low price to start with, that anything less would not be worth the time that i need to put into getting this organized.

so as it stands,
12 pcs x $6 = $72

for shipping, the cheapest price i can get for this volume would be to ship it by ocean freight.

12 sets of hugers will take up quite a lot of space. and to ship it by post, or worse, by DHL. would cost way too much.

minimum volume for ocean freight is 1 cubic meter. which would cost $240 to LAX port.

if we make a crate for it, there is an additional charge of $70 for the crate and fumoigation.

if we want to ship it to your house (door to door) i would need the specific address, to get a quote from the shipping agent here. it takes about 1 month to ship, which is one drawback. and im not sure how fast i can get 12 hugers from the dealer here, since they will need to order them from the main warehouse in Java.

for about the same price, with DHL i would get 13 times less space, and im quite certain that i wont be able to fit 12 hugers in a DHL jumbo box, lol.

keep me posted, im happy to help, as long as we can make the required decisions. otherwise its mexico...
Hey don't the huggers fit into each other nicely like if you were to stack open egg cartons ontop of each other?

If so that should Bring down the price considerably.
jonnyc is offline   Reply With Quote