View Single Post
Old October 31st, 2017, 02:31 PM   #34
Misti
ninjette.org sage

Name: Misti

Motorcycle(s): currently: Yamaha YZF 250 dirt/motard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaph42 View Post

The other thing that may not go over well is the fact that I'm absolutely not there to learn anything at all. I just want to run the track safely. Learning is pushed so hard, and even more so probably in a school, sometimes at the expense of fun. I'm old, and I've been there and done that with years of track days and racing. About all I would want is for someone to let me know if I'm doing something unsafe and otherwise leave me alone. And I don't want to spend time in a classroom.

The more I think about it, the more this idea of getting to my bucket list tracks seems like it's not going to fly.

But at least i can still get my fill of dragging knee at the kart track. The z125 have proven to be a blast there. Maybe I'll just visit COTA for MotoGP next year.
You're right that it wouldn't go over well if you showed up at the California Superbike School and didn't wish to learn anything at all...only ride.

However I just wanted to comment on something you said. "Learning is pushed so hard, and even more so probably in a school, sometimes at the expense of fun." and I would disagree with that. At CSS we don't want you pushing soooo hard, but working on what you have learned. I get that you don't want to sit in a classroom and that's fine, if it's not your cup of tea then don't come but, at CSS we encourage our students to ride at a pace that is comfortable enough for them to try new things and experiment with technique so they can truly feel the difference when they get things right. Sometimes this is even MORE fun then just riding around trying to push the limits. There aren't the same "oh sh*t" moments you sometimes get when pushing, you get to follow a coach around and be told if you are doing something scary or wrong and also when you get things right. So, learning is not just pushing so hard, sometimes at at the expense of fun
but often more fun because you're learning.
Misti is offline   Reply With Quote