View Single Post
Old April 16th, 2014, 07:32 AM   #1
antiant
antiant

Name: antiant

Motorcycle(s): None

MOTM - Oct '14
Power Distribution for Peripherals & Pdm 60

In the not so distance future, I am planning to install a Pdm 60 along side a couple of Powerlet in order to drive my peripherals (camera, phone, possible heated gear, possible GPS, battery tender, etc). I'm a technology freak, so I'm curious to know, if anyone has had experience with these power distribution boxes? Are they easy to install for someone who doesn't have a lot of technical/mechanical skill? I know @Alex seems to be the only one with the Pdm 60 on this board, according to my search, but perhaps there are others?

My goal is to power everything without worrying about batteries dying, carrying extra batteries, or draining my battery. I want to be able to get up and go, have the camera rolling when I start up the bike, have my phone powered, etc. What specific mounts do you use (RAM, Techmounts), etc. Where do you place these mounts? How do you have your peripherals set up? What set-up works for you and why? I want to know where is the best place to mount these things and if I need to watch out for anything? What should I avoid? Is there anything I haven't covered that I missed or should look out for? Thanks.
antiant is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.